NOTICE TO USERS
This is a restricted government system for official judiciary business only. All activities on this system for any purpose, and all access attempts, may be recorded and monitored or reviewed by persons authorized by the federal judiciary for improper use, protection of system security, performance of maintenance, and appropriate management by the judiciary of its systems. By using this system or any connected system, users expressly consent to system monitoring and to official access to data reviewed and created by them on the system. Any evidence of unlawful activity, including unauthorized access attempts, may be reported to law enforcement officials.
U.S. DISTRICT COURT
DISTRICT OF NEW MEXICO
Collection of Personal Data
- The Internet Domain Name and IP address from which you access our web site;
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access the site;
- The date and time you access the site;
- The pages you visit; and
- Any errors generated by the system resulting from your request.
This information is used solely for the purpose of evaluating and maintaining our site. From this information we learn what users like and need, what kind of technology they are using, how often they visit, and other valuable information that helps us offer our visitors the best site possible.
E-mail Communications with the Court
Please note the following with regard to e-mail communications:
- E-mail communication is not secure against interception from outside sources.
- E-mail communications to the court may be shared among or forwarded to court agencies as needed to respond to requests for information.
- The court cannot accept any pleadings via e-mail.
- The court cannot accept any ex parte communications via e-mail and sanctions may be imposed against violators.
- Threatening e-mail communications are forwarded immediately to the United States Marshal for further investigation and may result in criminal prosecution.
Monitoring of CM/ECF system activities
The Court’s Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) system is for Official Court Business only. Unauthorized entry and usage is prohibited and subject to prosecution under Title 18 of the U.S. Code. All activities and access attempts are logged.
Site Security, Intrusion Detection
For site security purposes and to ensure that the services of the District’s web sites remain available to all users, the District’s computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized access to the system. Any attempts to defeat or circumvent security features; to use the system for other than intended purposes; to deny service to authorized users; to access unauthorized information; to alter, damage, or destroy information; to otherwise interfere with the system or its operations; or to otherwise cause damage to the system are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. Evidence of such acts may be forwarded to the appropriate authorities and may result in criminal prosecution.
Links to Other Sites
The District’s web sites contain links to other sites which may be of interest to our users. Please be aware that the District of New Mexico is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of each web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Public Records available on Internet
Most court documents are public records and are available for viewing at the District’s courthouses. In addition, users who have a CM/ECF account can view these documents from the District’s web sites.
Revised February 12, 2015